jueves, 10 de marzo de 2011
The story is set circa 1790 in the Dutch settlement of Tarry Town, in a secluded glen called Sleepy Hollow. It tells the story of Ichabod Crane, a sycophantic, lean, lanky, and extremely superstitious schoolmaster from Connecticut, who competes with Abraham "Brom Bones" Van Brunt, the town rowdy, for the hand of 18-year-old Katrina Van Tassel, the daughter and sole child of a wealthy farmer, Baltus Van Tassel. As Crane leaves a party he attended at the Van Tassel home on an autumn night, he is pursued by the Headless Horseman, who is supposedly the ghost of a Hessian trooper who had his head shot off by a stray cannonball during "some nameless battle" of the American Revolutionary War, and who "rides forth to the scene of battle in nightly quest of his head". Ichabod mysteriously disappears from town, leaving Katrina to marry Brom Bones, who was "to look exceedingly knowing whenever the story of Ichabod was related". Although the nature of the Headless Horseman is left open to interpretation, the story implies that the Horseman was really Brom Bones in disguise.
- Turn off lights.
- Turn off other electric things, like TVs, stereos, and radios when not in use.
- Use rechargable batteries.
- Do things manually instead of electrically, like open cans by hand.
- Use fans instead of air conditioners.
- In winter, wear a sweater instead of turning up your thermostat.
- Insulate your home so you won't be cold in winter.
- Use less hot water.
- Whenever possible, use a bus or subway, or ride your bike or walk.
- Try to buy organic fruits and vegetables if you're concerned about pesticides. (Organic food is grown without man-made fertilizers and/or pesticides).
- Don't waste products made from forest materials.
- Use recycled paper and/or recycle it. Reuse old papers.
- Don't buy products that may have been made at the expense of the rainforest.
- Support products that are harvested from the rainforest but have not cut down trees to get it.
- Plant trees, espessially if you have cut one down.
- Get other people to help you in your cause. Make and/or join an organization.
- Avoid products that are used once, then thrown away.
- Buy products with little or no packaging.
- Buy recycled products.
- Don't buy pets taken from the wild.
- If you have a good zoo nearby, (if the animals are healthy and the zoo takes care of them), support it! Espessially if they help breed endangered animals.
- Don't buy products if animals were killed to make it.
miércoles, 9 de febrero de 2011
domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011
The best memories, well, must of my best memories are with my friends. I used to live in Maturin and I graduated there is small but fun, i love it! My high school name is Padre Claret . I was in the soccer team.
My best friend name is Willy is funny and smaller then me but i love her she is there for me at any time. I met her in the University.
My friends are all crazy but i love them. They help me a lot here, specially my URBE friends, they are very funny specially Juan (he is here in the English class).
This is part of my best memories in high school and URBE, just a part because if a put all the things i love...never end....